Lavender farmers showcase products in downtown Paso Robles City Park July 9
–The Paso Robles Main Street Association and the Central Coast Lavender Growers Association will hold their eighth annual Central Coast Lavender Festival Saturday, July 9, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the downtown Paso Robles City Park.
The free event celebrates the lavender industry, local products and features lavender producers, growers and farms from throughout the county. During the event vendors will serve tastes of lavender cuisine, dipping sauces, lavender ice cream, and sampling of fine varietals of lavender essential oils and bath and body creations, with an education on lavender, lavender growing, and sustainable farming practices.
There will be free seminars on distilling lavender, benefits of lavender, and demonstrations throughout the day in the City Park Gazebo. There will be music, a special children’s activities area, local lavender growers and vendors, arts, a Lavender Tasting Garden with tastes to purchase, and free samples and demonstrations.
Schedule of seminars and events
- Gazebo: Steve Cichorsky – music and announcements
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Festival opens with Lavender Louie, Master of Ceremonies
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Martin Parish – music (guitarist)
- Lunchtime: Look out for the Lavender Honey Bee with a handout on downtown restaurants’ and market lavender specials
- 1 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.: Gage Willey – Cal Poly Agriculture and Environmental Science Major “For the Love of Lavender; Ensuring your Plants’ Success” (Bandstand)
- 1.30 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Gordon Wardell, Bee Expert – “How Lavender can Help our Bees Today” (Bandstand)
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Lavender distilling demonstration by Don Avery (Across from Bandstand)
- 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Music
For more information or a vendor application, contact Paso Robles Main Street Association at (805) 238-4103, or visit www.pasoroblesdowntown.org. Or visit Central Coast Lavender Growers Association www.centralcoastlavender.com.