Show will appear at Madonna Inn July 1-11
–The multi-generation, family-operated Circus Vargas presents Iluminous, a new, high-energy show. The show will feature stuntmen, flying aerialists, acrobats, and comics under a music filled, blue and yellow big top.
The show uses special effects lighting and unique costume design to make the artists appear to glow in the dark. The show will appear at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo July 1-11.
Arrive 45 minutes early for the interactive pre-show where kids can join the circus. Stay for a post-show meet and greet with the stars.
The show will feature:
· Yeromenko, a high-octane, Ukrainian gymnastic team who makes dazzling leaps and spins from three horizontal bars 20-feet from the ground.
· The Skating Torreblancas, a Chilean duo of roller skating artists where the brother propels in a circle while whipping his sister through the air in a series of life-threatening lifts, poses and swings including one moment when they are chained neck to neck while spinning on a 6-foot platform.
· Known as the “Justin Bieber of the circus world,” 21-year old Patrick Marinelli gained a fan base after showing off his magic on “America’s Got Talent.” The fifth generation circus artist dons a light up suit to join the guys on the electrifying Trampoline Wall before partnering with the elegant Nicolette Fornasari on a aerial strap act.
· The “girl power” Osmani Trio combines dance and contortions in an amazing display of strength and grace.
· The comic antics of two brothers from Italy get laughs and make music. Steve Caveagna spins multiple diabolos (Chinese yo-yos) to incredible heights while the saxophone playing Jones “instigates pandemonium.”
· Wearing a Tron-like, light up costume, Vova whirls light up objects such as a 4-foot cube through the dark.
· A pair of glow-in-the-dark motorcycle daredevils zoom around in a 16-foot “Globe of Danger” while avoiding a courageous woman who stands in the center.
· Direct from a royal command performance for Prince Albert of Monaco, the trapeze artists known as the Flying Tabares sporting phosphorescent gear fly with the speed and beauty of fireworks through a darkened tent.
· Jon and Laura Weiss preside over the interactive pre-show where Jon, a former contestant on The Amazing Race, balances anything from a dollar bill to a 12-foot tall ladder on his chin.
Tickets are $20-$35 for general admission seating and $50-$70 for reserved ringside seats. Purchase tickets online at www.circusvargas.com, call 877-GOTFUN-1 (877-468-3861) or visit the box office at each location.