– A new family-owned winery, Mystic Hills Vineyard, has been honored with awards in every competition it has entered thus far. Now it has been awarded the top spot: Monterey Winery of the Year under the USA Individual Awards handed down by the New York International Wine Competition.
Vintner Joel Cox is not a stranger to being honored with awards, he is an Oscar winning film editor. Some of Mystic Hills Vineyard wines are named to honor his decades-long career as Clint Eastwood’s editor.
“We continue to be blessed by the judges and our supporters,” said vintner and co-owner Judy Cox. “Our wine club membership is growing at the same pace along with these wonderful accolades.”
Awards to date:
• The New York International Wine Competition: Red Meritage/Bordeaux Style Blend California: Sequel 2011- Bronze.
Cabernet Sauvignon, California, Central Coast: Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 – Bronze.
• The 2015 Critics Challenge International Wine Competition: 2011 Unforgiven Gold Medal and 2011 Sequel Silver Medal.
• The Los Angeles International Wine Competition 2015: Silver Medal, Bordeaux Blend, 2011 Unforgiven, Monterey County. Silver Medal, Bordeaux Blend, 2011 Sequel, Monterey County.
• Silver Medal, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County- Bronze Medal. 2013 Rose, H.E.A.R.T.S., Monterey County.
• 2015 Rose Competition, Simi Winery, Napa Valley: 2013 H.E.A.R.T.S. Rose – Silver Medal.
• San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2015: 2011 Unforgiven – Gold Medal, 2011 Sequel Silver Medal and 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Silver Medal.
Mystic Hills Vineyard is located in San Miguel, CA, and 10 miles north of Paso Robles. For a private tasting with the wine makers, please call (805) 610-1099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.