For a tour of native California beauty, Shangri-La Ranch Adventures in Santa Margarita delivers amazing sights. Victoria and John Jardine offer a wide variety of tours on their 100-acre ranch for anyone looking for an adventure.
There’s so much to do at Shangri-La Ranch Adventures
- Ride horses into some of the most beautiful country on the Central Coast, for the best price in the state.
- 4×4 Safari—Explore ancient rock formations, beautiful forests and vast meadow and lake views. Discover dinosaur tracks; maybe even see a mountain lion, all on back roads in their “open air” 4×4 tour truck with comfortable seating. The tour into lion country holds up to 7 people. Cost is a very reasonable $100 for 7 people.
- Pony rides and petting adventures for kids of all ages. Ride and play with the 100-head herd of goats on their working ranch. Bring treats for the animals and a picnic to enjoy. It makes for great pictures and memories.
- Motorcycle or trike back road adventures. No experience necessary. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Lunch stops are at various wonderful and interesting destinations. Options include the following: a coastal ride to sea lions and Ragged point, a tour of Parkfield ranch country, Pozo Saloon back roads, wine tasting at favorite tasting rooms. They are even planning a motorcycle and trike tour to the big annual rally in Sturgis, North Dakota, Aug. 3-12.
- Goat trail hikes on the rustic Shangri-La Ranch — Pack a picnic lunch and hiking shoes. Hike the some of the most beautiful country on the Central Coast on hundreds of goat trails. Explore canyons, ancient rock formations, forests and vast meadows with amazing lake views.
The Jardines have been stewards of the ranch for over 18 years. “My family has lived in this area since 1864,” John says. “When Victoria and I met back in 1999 we were both looking for some property. Little did we know we were looking at the same ranch; she purchased it and now we are stewards of the land at this ranch she named Shangri-La.”
Victoria says Shangri-La Ranch is “a mythical, magical place where life approaches perfection.” Adds Jardine, “Pack a snack, lace up your boots, and bring a camera — we are just 20 minutes from town, but we are in a whole different world.”
No car? No problem. “We can pick you up at your hotel or at the airport with special arrangements,” Victoria says.
Visit Shangri-La Ranch online at shangrilaranch.net or call Victoria Jardine at (805) 438-3895 to arrange a trail ride.